New apple II clones website

From: Ernest <ernestls_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 13:41:27 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 11:27, chris wrote:
> > My Apple II clones website is live now, if anyone wants to take a look.
> >
> > http://www.apple2clones.com
> >
> > The image module that I'm using is limited to what you see, but I'm
> > hoping that a friend of mine, who knows a lot about PHP programming,
> > will be able to help me design a better way to display the images.
> >
> > BTW, some of the "reference" images are pretty terrible but they were
> > the best that I could find so far. I figured that even a lousy image is
> > better than no image at all.
>
> I didn't know there was a IIgs upgrade for the II series. Is that an
> officially sanctioned Apple upgrade? How did it come? I'd assume a
> motherboard, and I guess back panel? Or was the whole lower half of the
> case included (the back panel is part of the lower half yes?)
>
> That might be the coolest Apple thing I have learned recently. I want one!

Yes, it was an official Apple upgrade. It was a kit that you could buy,
which included the base, MB, and new label. It is a cool system, and
it's fairly hard to find them anymore. If you look closely at the
upgrade MB, and the regular ROM 03 IIgs mb, you should be able to spot a
few subtle differences.