Electronic components sources

From: der Mouse <mouse_at_Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
Date: Tue Mar 23 20:08:38 2004

> Seriously, I've seen some terrible wiring done by so-called
> professional electricians,

When I and my now-ex bought the place I'm currently living in, one of
the sellers (informally) told us that her father, an electrician, had
done some of the wiring.

Oy. I know of one electrician I'm never going near. You'd think that
in a case like that he'd be even more careful than for an arm's-length
job, and yet I found things like connections made by twisting and
taping, no wire nut or solder or anything. I haven't looked up whether
such a thing can be code, but I sure hope not. Even my ex found it
rather hair-raising. (She had no particular electrical experience,
just a grasp of the underlying principles; I, on the other hand, did
approximately half the wiring in a several-thousand-square-foot house
my parents built out in BC.)

/~\ The ASCII der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X Against HTML mouse_at_rodents.montreal.qc.ca
/ \ Email! 7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39 4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B