KA620

From: ben franchuk <bfranchuk_at_jetnet.ab.ca>
Date: Wed Mar 24 00:40:54 2004

Michael Sokolov wrote:

> With the initial FPGA implementation this will be problematic since all FPGAs
> that I know of (sufficiently large ones anyway) come only in those damn BGA
> packages. But if/when we can fab a real chip, I would definitely use a more
> hacker-friendly package if the package choice were up to me.

I tend to agree here! At least with surface mount stuff you could
use a toaster oven for PCB developent. For my own use I have altera 10k
FPGA prototype board but I have stopped developing with it since I keep
having get a new free license every few months as well as having no way
to burn a serial prom for it.
Ben.