Computer Replica's

From: Kane, David <David.Kane_at_aph.gov.au>
Date: Wed Mar 24 20:25:23 2004

CPUs could have emulated guts, either software or one off hardware
designs, with replica enclosures and front panels. That feels like it
would result in a reasonable result for the effort required, but
mechanical I/O will be the tough bit. I have recently mulled over the
idea of constructing a PDP-11/04 replica; I imaged a bent metal case, a
replica programmer's front panel, and an internal PC mother board
running SIMH would be feasible, but I have shuddered at the thought of
trying to interface it to 8" floppy drives (if I could find any), or
building a card reader and line printer.

BTW: What is the origin of this message? I cannot find it in my mail
archive.

David