Computer Replica's

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 25 22:41:46 2004

> What about a new version of the PERQ ?
>
> --
>
> Great idea. Where's the software?

People on this list certainly have POS (including the pascal compiler and
microcode assembler), PNX (PERQ uniz, including C), and Accent (I can't
remember what languages are around for that).

Be warned that the PERQ is not a totally trivial machine to emulate, even
with the extensive documentation that exists. The CPU does a few
unconventional things, and the I/O system is Z80 based. PERQ 2s allow you
to run user programs on this Z80, so essentially you have to emulate the
equivalent of a home micro as well...

-tony