WD1793 read-track weirdness

From: tim lindner <tlindner_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri Mar 26 10:38:20 2004

Bill Yakowenko <yakowenk_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anybody out there written drivers for the WD1793 floppy
> disk controller chip?

About a year ago I also investigated the Read Track command using my
CoCo floppy controller. My hardware was a CoCo 3, with a FD501 disk
controller (it contains a WD1773).

I didn't examine the data as closly as you have, because I kept getting
lost data errors.

I am interested in seeing your code. I can also do some tests here if
you like.

--
tim lindner
tlindner_at_ix.netcom.com                                            Bright