Non-commercial oriented search engines (was: anybody know of a...)

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_rddavis.org>
Date: Tue Mar 30 11:19:44 2004

Quothe steve, from writings of Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 06:25:25AM -0800:
> > laptops. If you try to search Google for anything
> > relating to them, i.e. to find out what speed
> > processor they have in them, what video chip they
> > use, you're deluged with Laptop Battery ads for

It seems as though Google has changed so that an annoying amount of
unwanted, and typically irrelevant, commercial web site listings are
displayed first, as though they have first preference. Before that
change, Google was a much better search engine for performing any
type of research.

--
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved | My VAX | an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &