SNMP management

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Tue Mar 30 16:17:06 2004

> > Digital did putout some sort of SNMP software for
> > Windows, but I can't recall the name off-hand. i do know I
> > have a box or two of it at home, though... Something like
> > ServerWorks I think?
>
> That's ringing bells, yes.....

There were several products that managed several things; I mostly
remember ClearVISN as being the one I didn't use to manage the
various RouteAbouts but I think it also managed some or all of
the hub components.

I don't think it ever managed the WR90 or WR250 products; there
may have been a PC-based tool for those but I mostly used the
VMS-based configurator.

The various hub wotsits still seem to have their firmware
kicking around on the net (get it while it's hot):

http://h18003.www1.hp.com/support/digital_networks_archive/hubs/firmware
/index.html

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org