AIX

From: Lyle Bickley <lbickley_at_bickleywest.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 01:58:46 2004

I've worked extensively with Solaris, IRIX, Linux, and AIX for over twenty
years (not Linux - only since release 0.9?) - and in my opinion, AIX has
features that from it's inception were better than it's competitors - Logical
Volumes when no one else had them - and SMIT - which made system
administration simple. I've worked with AIX on accounts which had migrated
from mainframes to AIX - and was pleased to find it could scale to meet the
challenge.

Many of today's *NIXes have caught up to AIX in features and function - But
that doesn't detract from its essential qualities and history.

Lyle

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 08:04, Jay West wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I've worked extensively on many differen't unices, and AIX
> is truely evil. Guess if it's the only unix you deal with so you don't keep
> having to switch mentality between AIX and everything else...
>
> Jay
>
> ---

Lyle Bickley
Bickley Consulting West Inc.