working magnetic drum stores?

From: Paul Koning <pkoning_at_equallogic.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 08:20:12 2004

 Ethan> My anecdotal evidence is that the DF-32 disk is Omsmium
 Ethan> plated. I hope not, as I have four platters with, probably,
 Ethan> fatal levels of restarting, meaning that if I ever want to
 Ethan> return them to service, I'll have to either replace or replate
 Ethan> the platters.

That would be expensive if true. But it doesn't make any sense. The
plating has to be ferromagnetic. Nickel or cobalt are, but osmium is
not.

        paul