Hello!

From: Captain Napalm <spc_at_armigeron.com>
Date: Fri Mar 14 09:49:24 1997

It was thus said that the Great Ronald T Kneusel once stated:

> Greetings all!
>
> 50 already? Wow, great!
>
> My name is Ron Kneusel and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who
> thinks playing with these classic machines is fun!

  My name is Sean. (pauses for cries of "Hi, Sean!" to die down). I have a
problem. I ... I collect old computers.

> I'll do a quick run-down of what I have (to see if others have them and
> wish to talk about them):
>
> Heathkit H89, Kaypro II, Kaypro 2, SWTPc S/09 6809 system, Apple II+,
> Apple IIe, Atari 400, Atari 800XL (dead), T/S 1000 (bad keyboard), TRS-80
> PC-2, Mac Plus, Mac SE
>

> Some questions for y'all..
>
> 1. Anyone else have a SWTPc S/09 system? If so, I'd really like to hear
> from you!

  Is that anything like OS-9?

> 3. I, too, am interested in learning how to remove the marker from these
> machines.

  Has anyone tried Windex? Or empying the case and cleaning it with warm
water and soap?

> 5. Do you actually _use_ your machines or do you simply collect them
> (which is just fine! I'm curious to see how people use them)

  I try to use the machines I have, and my big project right now is to
implement my own OS for them. Most of my machines (with the exception of
three) are in good working condition. One needs a replacement harddrive
(although getting VMS 4.7 on another drive might be a problem), another
needs a new monitor (proprietary I suspect) and the third one I still need
to examine (I suspect it still works, although the case is in poor
codition).

  -spc (Software hacker)