TI Model Number

From: George Lin <george.lin_at_documentum.com>
Date: Sun Mar 16 19:33:23 1997

At 02:06 PM 3/16/97 -0500, BNICALEK_at_aol.com wrote:
>The TI-99/4A beat IBM just before IBM's PC got popular. TI had a lot of
>marketing troubles throughout the 4+ years they tried to market their
>machine. This is why we're not running everything on a 64-bit TI machine!

I think another problem with TI 99/4A is that TI did not encourage 3rd
party software development. TI sold the machines at a loss in order to
compete with the cheap 8-bit Ataris and Commodores. Naturally, TI wanted
to recoup the money with high margin software sales. However, TI didn't
understand that hardware success is intimately connected to software
availability. TI software development efforts alone could never achieve
the critical mass necessary to spark wide interest in, otherwise, an
excellent machine.

George
--
George Lin                           "Accelerating your business through
Network Architect, MIS                   enterprise document managment."