Hello!

From: A.R. Duell <ard12_at_eng.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 17 10:17:48 1997

[IBM PC family]
> Don't forget about the PC RT machines, the first RISC based machines. Not

Err, that depends on how you define RISC :-). I thought there were some
machines built from lots of small chips that would now be classed as RISC.

When did the PC RT's come out? I know it was arround the time of the ARM
(originally Acorn RISC Machine), but I'm not sure which was actually
first.

[...]

> Well, I've used the the Tandy 6000 I have for working out a budget (since
> it comes with Multiplan).

That reminds me. I was given a Facit hand-cranked mechanical calculator a
few weeks ago. The chairman of an (electronic) calculator club had been
given 2 of them, so he passed one on to me ;-). It's in beautiful
condition, and works fine. I must use it next time I have a bill to add up
:-)...

> > Am I unusual in that I also collect schematics and Technical manuals? I
> > find them as valuable as the machines, and buy all I can find.
>
> No, I try to do the same thing. I also try to learn the assembly language
> for each computer as well (let's see - I know 6809, 68000, 80x88, VAX, MIPS,

So do I. Lets see : 68000 (a bit), 6502, Z80, 8080, 8085, 8048, PIC16Cxx,
PDP11, PDP8 (a bit), 6809, SC/MP, PERQ microcode, Saturn (HP's calculator
processor), 80x86, etc...

--
-tony
ard12_at_eng.cam.ac.uk