Weekend report

From: Bill Whitson <bill_at_booster.bothell.washington.edu>
Date: Mon Mar 17 15:18:16 1997

> > Also an Aquarius Personal Computer Model 5931R from Radofin Electronics
> > (Far East) Ltd. Has anybody ever heard of this thing? I sure haven't.
>
> I've heard of a thing called a Mattel Aquarius (or is it Matel?). This was
> a cheap (< \pounds 100.00) UK home computer sold in the early-mid 1980's.
> It had a blue rubber keyboard, and sounds something like your unit.

Yep- that's it. Once I knew it was a Mattel I was able to find a picture
on the web.

> It may well be a TV RF output. I _think_ the UK version had a built-in UHF
> modulator for our channel 36, so I guess the US version outputs on your
> channel 3 or 4. Try connecting it to the aerial (antenna?) input of the TV
> and seeing what happens.

If only I had a TV :). I guess I'm going to need to get one.

> I thought it had a built-in ROM basic...

I hope so. I really don't feel like I own a computer until I've
written a BASIC program on it!

Bill Whitson
ClassicCmp "owner"
bcw_at_u.washington.edu bill_at_booster.u.washington.edu