Montreal collectors?

From: Doug Spence <ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca>
Date: Tue Mar 18 14:49:42 1997

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 BigLouS_at_aol.com wrote:

> > (And BTW, anyone else had the misfortune of having to carry something
> > like the Kaypro home via public transit at rush hour? The machine got a
> > lot of interested stares, but boy did my arms hurt when I got home!)
>
> Yes, except I used a luggage cart (I'm not as strong as I used to be) .
> Strange thing was that no one seemed to notice.

Well, oddly enough I've never noticed anyone noticing any of the other
things I've been carrying on busses and metros. So far only the Kaypro
has received stares. Perhaps it's because of the "industrial" look to
it, with only some ports visible on the top. Everything else I've
carried has either been boxed, or had obvious keyboards on them.

The Kaypro II, was actually fairly easy to carry, compared to some
other stuff I've transported home in that manner, but I guess that's the
point of the "transportable" computers. :) I think the computer I had the
worst time carrying home via public transit was the Apple //e... with
disk drive, manuals, some software, and some VIC-20 cartridges and a C=
1351 mouse for good measure. Try putting all of that in a plastic bag
and handling it elegantly in a crowded bus. :)

Maybe someone should compile "Computer Collection Horror Stories". :)

> Lou

Doug Spence
ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca