TI Model Number

From: Barry Peterson <bm_pete_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18 15:34:31 1997

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:03:40 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Kevan Heydon wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Talking of TI's I have a 99/4A that has an all silver case, not to be
>> confused with the beige case.) The serial number is "R 047012 40 83 RC1"
>> and the model number is "PHC004A". You can find a picture of it at this
>I haven't looked at your picture (I'm typing on a VT320 terminal) but
>I've only ever seen a beige-cased 99/4A *once*, and sadly I didn't
>collect it. There were literally dozens of silver TI-99/4As at the
>Salvation Army shop I go to a couple of years ago, before they cleaned
>the place up and presumably <sigh> tossed all those machines (and about
>half as many Color Computers) into the garbage. Perhaps the case of the
>4A varies with locale?
>
>Doug Spence
>ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca

No, the beige version was mass-produced and available nationally. I
found a couple for a friend last summer. Their only real benefit was a
reduced-heat power supply, it worked identically to the prevalent
black-and-silver version.

Barry Peterson bm_pete_at_ix.netcom.com
Husband to Diane, Father to Doug,
Grandfather to Zoe now and to Tegan soon!