Hello all!

From: Benjamin M Coakley <COAKLEY_at_AC.GRIN.EDU>
Date: Wed Mar 19 10:36:24 1997

> My nephew owns an Atari 800XL computer, and I was wondering if anyone
> knows of any source for basic programs he could type in and learn from.
> I think the basic programs should be short and easy for a 7th grader to
> learn from. Thanks for any help. I will be writing up a mastermind program
> for him and maybe a tic-tac-toe game for him. Anyone have ideas for other
> games that can be written in BASIC and are easy to understand and short?
> Thanks in advance.

Used book stores. They often have old computer books lying around which
they'll sell to you for a couple dollars, and it shouldn't be too hard to
find books of basic games. Heck, I have a book of 33 games designed for
PET, Apple ][, or TRS-80 BASIC that I could send to you, if you want.
They're pretty, uh, basic, but taking them apart isn't a bad way to learn
BASIC.

I really should sleep more,
--
Ben Coakley                                         coakley_at_ac.grin.edu
                530 User anonymous access denied.