Greetings!

From: A.R. Duell <ard12_at_eng.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 19 12:00:03 1997

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to the list, and have been "lurking" for a few days. Things
> look pretty good, but as most of the discussion relates to micro-
> computer systems, I wonder if anyone here shares my passion for mini-
> computer gear.

Yes, I'm mostly a minicomputer person - they're so much more fun than
micros :-). I currently have a number of DEC machines (PDP11's, PDP8/e,
PDP8/a), a Philips P850, an HP2100A (I am searching for information on
that if anyone has anything...), etc. Nothing Data General (yet!), alas.

Do you count PERQ workstations as minis? The CPU is somewhat similar to
minicomputers of the time, although extra hardware was added for the
rasterop machine (bit blitter).

--
-tony
ard12_at_eng.cam.ac.uk