Hello all!

From: Ward Griffiths and/or Lisa Rogers <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Wed Mar 19 12:33:54 1997

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Jim wrote:

> If you can find a book called Basic Computer Games by David Ahl (I think there
> were about 4 volumes, actually, but I have volume 1) it contains some real
> classics. Like the text based Star Trek game. (This was in my C=64
> days - a friend of mine's mom typed in this huge program for him, he gave
> me a copy and we spent our time hacking in sound and graphics on the '64.)

Actually, there was only one volume of BASIC Computer Games, it's just
that there were several editions/translations of the same set of programs.
The original was in DEC BASIC, then there was the Microcomputer edition
(MITS Altair BASIC), a TRS-80 edition and probably a few others. Back in
1978/79 I translated quite of the programs from the Microcomputer version
to the HP2000 at the community college I was attending. I recall that
the hardest part was that string handling, especially substrings, were
very different.

Ward Griffiths
--
There will be peace on Earth when the last king
has been strangled with the entrails of the last priest.