TI Speech Synthesizer question...

From: Larry Anderson & Diane Hare <foxnhare_at_goldrush.com>
Date: Thu Mar 20 23:11:31 1997

Captain Napalm wrote:

> That might get real old, real quick. One of the comm programs on the
> Amiga allows you to pipe the data stream through the narrator device, and
> for kicks, I tried it. Once.
>
> Even piping the output of programs to the narrator device was entertaining
> for about 20 minutes or so ...
>
> -spc ("Sun-day-March-three-one-nine-nine-one-foo-dot-bar-three-seven-star
> star-star-break-Amiga-Prompt ... ")

   One gem that took me about ten years to aquire after seeing the
initial ad was an Alien Voicebox voice synthesiser (was initially
available for the Commodore and Atari as I remember). An extrnal voice
unit that plugs into the Commodore's parallel port, the nifty thing
about the Voicebox was there was so much control to it and the voice
was not software based like the Amiga or SAM. The most amazing
companion disk is the music disk where you can compose a three voice
piece for the Commodore and have the Voicebox SING along! Does a pretty
darn good job; the Amazing Grace and Star Spangled Banner are well done.

          Larry Anderson