Computer Listing

From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_northernway.net>
Date: Fri Mar 21 13:46:30 1997

At 07:20 AM 3/21/97 UTC, you wrote:
>Brett,

Hey... I just remembered where there is another old computer database...
AAMOF, I submitted the information about the CoCo 3 to the guy who runs it...

Check out this URL:

http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~axc/MACHINE-ROOM/welcome.html

the Database isn't overly huge, and doesn't have database, or auto-add, or
any of that jazz, but it's got a beautiful layout and some really strange
machines in it (including a pic & listing for the Video Technology Laser
200...

Send a mail to Alex (full name: Alexios Chouchoulas) at:
machroom_at_vennea.demon.co.uk
to know more, or submit some info about a particular machine to him as well.

Now, before everyone blows a cork, I'm certainly not trying to show up
Brett or anyone, and to some personal experience in the matter, I'm 2000%
in favor of having a backup of just about everything, including mailing
lists. Besides, no one site is going to be able to cover every single
computer out there, etc. etc. etc.

However, with some cooperation, we can make sure that a lot of this
information won't fall by the wayside if someone decides not to keep up
their site... If that happens, communication will help save us if we *know*
there's someone else we can rely on to help keep info available.

Enough rambling, anyway, Brett: gnarly list! CoCo listing looks good! I'll
add a link to it on my page when I get a chance. (read: the second Tuesday
of next week.... I are a bizzy boi)

Roger Out,
"Merch"

--
Roger Merchberger       | Everyone complained to me to change my .sig,
Programmer, NorthernWay | but no-one could recommend something better.