Help with Osborne 1 and TI 99/4A needed please

From: Larry Anderson & Diane Hare <foxnhare_at_goldrush.com>
Date: Sun Mar 23 18:57:28 1997

Doug Spence wrote:
[snip]
> Hey! I currently have a similar problem. I brought a Kaypro II home
> recently (last week? I've forgotten already) and although it had a boot
> disk in the drive, it wasn't an OS disk, and I can't format disks or
> other boot disks. And the disk that was in the drive (a pirate copy of
> WordStar) is flaky.

   The Kaypro is a pretty nice computer we have a Kaypro-10 at work
(locked away in storage till who knows when). Good video bios, no
hi-res like the Televideo but the terminal emulation was ok, (ADM 3A
compatible, I think). Can run Worstar on it as well as dBase II also a
handfull of simple video games and a drawing program (SCS draw). I
might have the disks under my desk at work... ;-)

[snip]

> Heh. This also sounds familiar. I have a CBM 2040 drive, sans fuse and
> cap. I know at least one of the drive units works, as I got a directory
> from a 1541 disk on my PET while holding a screwdriver in the fuse
> socket. Don't do this at home. :)

I would get a panel mount fuse-holder from Radio Shack and replace it
(that is if the fuse-holder caps are incompatible), fortunately many of
the PET/CBM fuses are not PCboard mounted.

         Larry Anderson