VIC-20 Programmer's Aid Cartridge

From: hellige <jeffh_at_eleventh.com>
Date: Sun Mar 30 05:07:44 1997

   At a swap meet today, I picked up 9 VIC-20 cartridges as well as one
program tape. Among the VIC cartridges was a 16k RAM expansion and one called
'Programmers Aid Cartridge' (VIC-1212). I popped the cartridge into the
VIC-20 and the computer still boots right into Basic 2.0. Is this some kind
of debugging cartridge then that helps with errors and such? None of the
cartridges I picked up came with the docs but the ones I've tried seem to work
ok so far.

   Also, can anyone explain the reasoning behind the different color schemes
for the labels? The Gorf and Radar Ratrace cartridges I already had both have
cream cases with cream/brown/black labels. The new cartridges I got today
have brown cases with silver/black labels, though some have off-white cases
with silver/black lables, while one has and off-white case with a silver/gold
label! All of these are from Commodore.

   Jeff jeffh_at_eleventh.com
   //         Amiga: Today's Technology Ten Years Ago
\//   True 32bit pre-emptive multitasking GUI, plug&play hardware,
\/      stereo sound, and 4096 color video modes since day #1
   Collector of classic home computers:
   Amiga 1000, Atari 800, Atari 800XL, Atari Mega-ST/2, Commodore
   C-128 & C128D, Commodore Plus/4, Commodore VIC-20, Kaypro 2X,
   Mattel Aquarius, Osbourne Executive, Sinclair ZX-81, TI-99/4A,
   Timex-Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer-3, and a TRS-80 Model 4.
   Plus Atari SuperPong and Atari 2600VCS game consoles.