Mattell Aquarius (was: Re: VIC-20 Programmer's

From: hellige <jeffh_at_eleventh.com>
Date: Mon Mar 31 10:04:42 1997

On 31-Mar-97, classiccmp_at_u.washington.edu wrote:

>This was my very first computer. I still miss it to this day. I harbor
>few regrets in my life but one of them is selling this system with my
>atari 2600 to buy my first apple. The 2600 I've since replaced (ten
>fold) and I'm sure someday I'll run into another aquarius and will have
>it too, but I can never replace the programming I did on it. I had a
>comic book inventory database program and I wrote seevral simple arcade
>games. My setup was the aquarius with an expansion box that plugged into
>the expansion slot that allowed two carthridges to be plugged in
>simultaneously. This allowed a 4K memory expansion card to be plugged in
>along with other game carthridges which required the increased memory. I
>had a 4K mem carthridge, a couple games, keypad controllers, a thermal
>printer, and two tape drives. What a fun little system. Some day I will
>recoup all this gear. I just hope the kid I sold it too got as much use
>out of it as I did.

Sam,

   Sounds like quite a system. From the picture on the flyer I have, the
Aquarius hooked up to all the expansion gear was quite a sight as well. As
has already been mentioned, I have two base Aquarius computers, one of which
is the Mattel variant which I recently picked up on a whim. Would you be
interested in this machine? It's fucntional,though needs a little cleaning
up. You are welcome to it...just let me know.

   Jeff jeffh_at_eleventh.com

   //         Amiga: Today's Technology Ten Years Ago
\//   True 32bit pre-emptive multitasking GUI, plug&play hardware,
\/      stereo sound, and 4096 color video modes since day #1
   Collector of classic home computers:
   Amiga 1000, Atari 800, Atari 800XL, Atari Mega-ST/2, Commodore
   C-128 & C128D, Commodore Plus/4, Commodore VIC-20, Kaypro 2X,
   Mattel Aquarius, Osbourne Executive, Sinclair ZX-81, TI-99/4A,
   Timex-Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer-3, and a TRS-80 Model 4.
   Plus Atari SuperPong and Atari 2600VCS game consoles.