How long will they last?

From: Jim <jim_at_calico.litterbox.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 23:20:47 1997

Dunno about roms and eproms, but I have radios that are 50 years old and yeah,
electrolytic caps do have a finite lifespan. They dry out. Mind, these are
the old wax-cardboard wrapped kind and not the kind in the metal cans. But
unless you're dealing with eniac and it's tube fired bretheren I'd not yet
worry about your caps - or your resistors - yet. Also bear in mind that tube
radio equipment gets a lot hotter than your computer does inside (right?)
--
Jim Strickland
jim_at_calico.litterbox.com