Wanted stuff (Was: Pretty good week)

From: lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk <(lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk)>
Date: Sun Mar 1 11:24:40 1998

[tony duell]
   :Didn't they? There's at least one PC-jr in the UK in operational
   :condition, although without the original PSU, so I can't comment
   :whether there was ever an IBM 240V transformer unit for them. Mind
   :you, the technical manual only lists a 115V model.

some of them must have leaked across the atlantic, even in some official
capacity, but they were certainly never sold here. they were axed in the
us before they could be introduced here. given how long britain had to
wait for the ibm pc (and the resultant popularity of the sirius) it
isn't really all that surprising...

we also seem to remember personal computer world reviewing a model that
they described as "the pcjr done right", which was called something like
the jx and was only available in japan, and used 3.5" disks years before
anything else did. are we remembering correctly...?

-- Communa (together) we remember... we'll see you falling
you know soft spoken changes nothing to sing within her...

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive