Epson QX-10 / AT&T 3B1

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Sun Mar 1 12:16:01 1998

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Tony Duell wrote:

> Under CP/M you have a simple kind of multiple font support (although you
> really need an expansion card that contains the Font ROMs etc to use
> this). There was also an integrated software suite called 'Valdocs'
> (VALuable DOCuments, I think) whic hwas rather slow but quite a hack for
> the time.

Interesting. Today at the ham fest I found two modules (that I passed on)
that were encased in a black plastic enclosure. One was a DB-25 serial
port adaptor that had a 40 pin header on the bottom edge. The other was a
font adaptor card that had a 20 pin header. These sound suspiciously like
what you describe.

> Make sure you get the keyboard and monitor with it - those are non-standard.

I've seen a couple of these keyboards at thrift stores and always wondered
what VALDOCS was. I figured it was a word processing system. Now I know
for sure. Haven't seen a complete system yet though.

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!