Good finds this day

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Mon Mar 2 01:45:56 1998

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Sam Ismail wrote:

> I got a Momenta pen-based computer. It's shaped like a wedge. I got it
> in the box but it was in so-so shape. I got two battery packs but neither
> is charged, and unfortunately I didn't get the charger or wall apadtor
> with it. On the box it said "For technical service call 1-800-MOMENTA"
> so I called but it rang and rang. A sort of good sign I guess. I'll try
> during the week and see what I get. I'd be interested to know anything
> that anyone possibly knows about this thing. Circa 1991. $15.

Momenta is *long* gone. I don't think they survived very long after the
introduction of that 386 wedge you bought. The entire pen-based computing
industry went up in flames except for a few niche players and some PDA
makers that never learned (OK, the Pilot is a notable exception). The
niche players and PDA makers survived because sometimes you need to use a
computer and there's no place to set one down and use a keyboard. I think
Momenta produced the only pen-based machine that pretty much required that
you set the thing on a table.

-- Doug