lurker bio

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Mon Mar 2 02:22:28 1998

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, John Lawson wrote:

> studio... which brings up my other (sort-of related) collection,
> vintage electronic instruments. I have many older keyboards and synth
> modules, including a pretty big Moog and a few ARPS, etc. I have a
> fantasy of running Music IV (or Csound) under Unix on the PDP 15 with
> period DACs providing signals to the Moog.... a living early 70's
> music research lab. Maybe the Minc-11.... naw, never mind.

Is there a vintage synth mailing list? When I was at UCSD, a couple of my
roommates where grad students at CME/CARL (home of Csound, I think). I
hacked music on my Amiga, an Ensoniq Mirage, and a too-cool ARP 2600. I
would really like to find an ARP 2600 or similar analog synth. If anybody
here has an extra (I know you do; computer geeks, musicians, and
physicists are almost completely overlapping sets), please let me know!

-- Doug