lurker bio

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Mon Mar 2 09:16:01 1998

<From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_netcom.com>

<fantasy of running Music IV (or Csound) under Unix on the PDP 15 with
<period DACs providing signals to the Moog.... a living early 70's
<music research lab. Maybe the Minc-11.... naw, never mind.

Forget unix or music from a -15 it was more suited to industrial control.

I did do some serious hacking with music back some using the altair to
drive a string of smal 8085 based boards(one per voice).

<about two weeks away from getting a pilot's license, *if* the
<examiner and the weather are co-incident and *if* I pass the damn
<checkride... oops, off topic. sorry.

Well if you don't pass the check ride the instructor should be shot for
sending you unprepared. I have a license for 20 years and a Cessna150
to enjoy it in.

Docs for systems, board and the like are a resource that is
underestimated. There are so many s100 systems and boards that are
mostly useless without docs as it's impossible to set them up or use
them.

Allison