More 34

From: Max Eskin <maxeskin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 2 16:31:26 1998

Today was my first major interaction with the system/34, unfortunately
on 1/2 hour long. Next monday, I can stay there 2-8 PM if I want to...
I made the following discoveries:
a)It's on casters
b)It has a 65MB hard drive
c)It's not all that dusty.
By virtue of a, I moved it to reveal the CE panel, which had all of
the floppies and a little error code booklet tucked inside. This
booklet is fairly useless now that IBM doesn't support the 34, but
it does list all of the parts and their names. There is a thing that
I saw called the DC distribution panel. I was thinking that I might
switch the power supply's outputs with the outputs for a normal PC AT
PSU, of course not powering the drives. The booklet does imply that
the PSU outputs -4, -5, 5,6,8.5,-12,12,-24, and 24 volts. Knowing this
I ought to be able to get a couple of PC psus and run it. Next step:
finding a room that has power to it - this one doesn't...