Demography?

From: Lawrence Wilkinson <ljw_at_formula1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 2 15:32:59 1998

In article <001b01bd4615$f03059c0$2df438cb_at_nostromo>, Andrew Davie
<adavie_at_mad.scientist.com> writes
>I have a canon SX320!!
You didn't mention it in your list. I did get the right machine, didn't
I? I have a shoe-box full of program listings for it, except they're in
NZ and the thermal paper has probably faded to nothing by now.

Do you actually use it? I really can't remember much about it other
than that you programmed it like a calculator, one function per line,
and that alphanumeric output like prompts needed one line for each
character, so program listings tended to get rather long. Did it have a
tape storage or cartridges or something for programs?

It seems strange to say it, but I can remember the 'feeling' of
programming it, even though I can't remember much about the machine
itself.

BTW I am planning on going to the Whipple Museum of the History of
Science, which includes the Francis Hookham Collection of Hand-Held
Calculators, in Cambridge tomorrow ... anything I can look up for you?
--
Lawrence Wilkinson                                  ljw_at_formula1.demon.co.uk
The GirlFrendo homepage:         http://www.formula1.demon.co.uk/girlfrendo/