lurker bio

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon Mar 2 20:11:53 1998

> Can you tell me more about the GE 635s? I got a collection of old
>programming manuals and they state that all the programs in them were
>tested on a GE 635 and I was wondering what one is.

IIRC they ran either GECOS (General Electric Comprehinsive Operating
System), or the better known Multics. I believe they are also an ancestor
of the Mainframes that Honeywell made (Honeywell dropped the 'E' from the
OS name and it became GCOS). GECOS is probably best remembered for the
'GECOS' field in the UNIX password file.

                        Zane

| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_ix.netcom.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| For Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
| see http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/ |
| For the collecting of Classic Computers with info on them. |
| see http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/museum.html |