486 upgrade boards

From: Hotze <photze_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: Mon Mar 2 20:50:07 1998

That's one of the things with PC's... they're all software-standard, but
hardware versatile. For 486's, there's the Pentium Overdrives that some
boards were equipped with (but Intel cut off the overdrives early), then
there's also about 50 differnet chips that actually plug into the ZIF
Socket, the fastest being the Evergreen one, which is based on a AMD K5 133,
and has equivelent performance to that of a Pentium 102MHz. For the Zeineth
PCs that the government bought in the 80's, the CPU was on a daughterboard,
so that you could upgrade that to a 386, but God help you try to find one of
those.