Processor Technology Sol-20

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue Mar 3 16:27:53 1998

< Does anybody know what the production numbers were for the Processor
< Technology Sol-20? Also, does anybody know when PT went out of
< business? Was it due to the Persci drives in the Helios II as I've
< been told? A co-worker of mine said the Persci drive heads were
< actuated by a voice coil and while they had an extremely fast access
< time (for the day) they were unrelible. I'd appreciate any
< information.

crock!

PT like many of the time were susceptable to the volitile market and
over extended and went under. Good machine and the Persci drives were
very late in the program when they were nearly gone.

I think the SOL-20 was about 10,000 before the folded.

Allison