lurker bio

From: lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk <(lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk)>
Date: Tue Mar 3 17:10:04 1998

tony duell:
   :Another thing worth grabbing are old data books. There are standard
   :chips that are used in old computers - things like the 8271 disk
   :controller, the AM2900 bit-slice chips, 4004's and 4040's, etc that
   :don't appear in recent data books. A data sheet will help you to
   :determine if a chip has failed, and how to make a replacement if it
   :has. I'm trying to obtain all that I can.

before we were seriously interested in this stuff - or rather, since we
were designing 68000-based computers at the age of 12, between interests
- we had a whole stack of data sheets donated by a teacher's boyfriend
who worked for the uk distributors of sage before they became stride.
(what happened to them, btw?) it's a damned shame that when we were
about 16 we threw the whole lot out to regain some space in our bedroom.
if only we knew then... :< we'd give anything to have them back.

--
Communa (together) we remember...             we'll see you falling
you know soft spoken changes nothing             to sing within her...