A possible (future) classic.

From: lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk <(lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk)>
Date: Tue Mar 3 17:10:44 1998

On 1998-03-02 classiccmp_at_u.washington.edu said to lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk
   :I bought several and am toying with making a few "ultra miniature"
   :computer accessories ("matchbox" computers?)

off-topic, but...

the computer we would really love to use has a main box that's the size
of 2 3.5" floppy drives one atop the other, and standing on that is a
little 6" mono crt with a resolution of 384x256. the keyboard is about
the size of the keyboard on the cambridge z88. the processor is a
hitachi 6309 running in native mode, and the software is forth. and you
have to hold the thing when you put a disk in. needless to say, there's
no hard drive, but the floppy can fit 1800 screens on it, so that's no
problem.

of course, it was never made... but we'd love to see it.

--
Communa (together) we remember...             we'll see you falling
you know soft spoken changes nothing             to sing within her...