AT&T 6300

From: Les Berry <lfb107_at_psu.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 3 21:38:56 1998

At 06:23 PM 3/3/98 PST, Max Eskin wrote:
>>I'll differ on this point. one of the primary things that killed the
>'6300
>>was that it was NOT totally IBM compatable. The video subsystem (noted
>>below) is a prime example.
>Is it possible to somehow slap a CGA or any standard monitor into
>one of those?

Yup, just set switches 5 and 6 to on dipswitch 1 to disable the video
controller.

>Was the thing designed for UNIX or was it just a plain "enhanced" PC
>clone?

I think it was just meant to be an enhanced PC clone. I have to admit tho,
the 6300 case design is still one of my favorites (looks real purdy sittin' next
to a 3B2) and not a bad overall machine for it's age.

Les

PS If anyone else needs any dipswitch settings, etc. I have the tech manuals.