DEC TU80 tape drive

From: Jack Peacock <peacock_at_simconv.com>
Date: Wed Mar 4 16:52:31 1998

From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa_at_alph02.triumf.ca>

>> I just acquired (5 minutes ago) a DEC TU80 open reel tape drive, but no
>> docs. There is a 3rd party Q-bus card (Distributed Logic Corp) that came
>> with it, cables seem to line up. Does anyone know anything about this
tape
>> drive
>
>Sure - it's a rebadged CDC Keystone, Pertec formatted interface.

Is that the same interface as a TS05? I have a TSV05 Q-bus controller, same
dual 50 pin cables.

>>, can it work in a MicroVAX II or VAX 3600
>> Q-Bus
>
>Sure. Is the card a DQ132?

It's a DQ152, rev A, dual wide Q-bus card, with 2 50 pin ribbon connectors.
It uses an 8097 controller CPU (part of the MCS-96 family if I recall
correctly), 14.745Mhz xtal (an odd speed, something Pertec related?), a
couple gate arrays (Q-Bus and Pertec interfaces?), an EPROM, and a 2063 type
static RAM. Circuit board has a 1986 copyright date

>*Do not* plug the Dilog card into a Q-bus if the board number begins with
>DU. That would be a Bad Thing.

Customer doesn't have any Unibus machines, I thought of that

The board has one jumper block, I assume for the CSR address. It's a single
in-line 10 pin header, with pins 2 and 3 jumpered together. Might someone
have the settings for this? If not I'll try the VMS newsgroup.