DEC GPX II Q-Bus boards

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Wed Mar 4 21:06:01 1998

<I have a three board set of Q-bus cards plus the boot ROM for a uVAX II,
<dated from 1987, which supposedly turns a VAX server into a workstation f
<DECWindows. I think it was called the GPX II kit? Anyway, the boards wo
<and I have the keyboard, dove bar mouse and cable, but no monitor. I
<believe this board set could drive several types of workstation monitors
<and was programmed for monitor type thru some of the wires in the kbd/mou

I have no clue on the rom as the microvax-II already could run decwindows.
DECwindows is a device and services under VMS. I would not mess with that
rom unless you fully identfy it and its use.

The monitors conformed to the boards not the other way round the cable
carried keyboard data mouse and RGB video for the monitor.

monitors were vr260, 290, 320.

<too? Any specs on it? Will it work in a VAX 3600?

Yes.

<Also, what versions of VMS support the GPX board? Is it still current (V
<I have a VMS 5.5 set of tapes that came with the uVAX, from the old days
<when the VMS license stayed with the CPU and DEC didn't hit you up for
<license transfers.

Most all from v4.2 and later. V5.5 would work well. FYI there is a free
license available for hobby use to US decus members.

Allison