Picked up another truckload! Take a look?

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Thu Mar 5 03:24:30 1998

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Russ Blakeman wrote:

> Well they called it the "Silver Box" but most of us that ownedd them
> started to call them the "Silver Junk Box" after we really found out
> what clunkers they were. They made a PCJr look to be 100% compatible.
> Sanyo didn't even put an ALT key on it.

Ouch. As former editor of some San Diego Sanyo MBC newsletter who's name
escapes me, I must protest. I thought the Sanyo keyboard was much better
than the klicky IBM keyboard, and it had that one key that lights up.
Plus the silver box was very cool looking in a cheap stereo kind of way.

It was a welcome challenge trying to get the Sanyo to do things the other
PC's could do. And it was pretty hackable. I remember porting KERMIT to
work with the non-standard serial ports (8251?) after Sanyo sent me the
source of their BIOS.... OK, I also remember running away from the Sanyo
as fast as I could once the cheap clones from Taiwan got off the boat.

-- Doug