Demography

From: Joe Thiemann <jthiemann_at_castleton.com>
Date: Thu Mar 5 08:43:57 1998

While we're at it (the buisness of veering grossly off-charter), who
else here collects electronic music equipment of about the same vintage
as the computers discussed here? I have a Korg Poly-800, Yamaha DX-7II,
2 FB-01's, CS-01, a Sequential SixTrack, 360 Systems MidiBass, and a
homebrew MIDI interface to hook some of this to my Amiga. I have
grandiose plans (ok, ok, not _so_ grandiose, but everything is relative
these days...) to rip the 6581 out of my C64 (or better yet, find an old
otherwise nonfunctional C64 and rip the 6581 out of there) and hook it
up to a 68HC11 SBC I designed a few years back (the company I used to
work for is still using and occasionally producing these) and
controlling it (the 6581, that is) via MIDI as a cheap-o (and physically
small) analog synth. (Cause let's face it, that's what the 6581 is...)

BTW Any of you UK guys have collections of the old E&MM magazine? I'm
missing 1 or 2 issues in the 84 (83?) season...
Joachim Thiemann
DSP Coder, Castleton Network Systems
I doubt therefore I might be.