Sol-20 revisited

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu Mar 5 11:52:52 1998

< Thanks Jim. Have you replaced the video ram in the Sol-20 before?
< Also, do you know if parts are still available or will I have to
< cannibalize from a similar vintage pieces part?
<
< Marty

If it's a bad video ram swap it with the one next to it, if the pattern
changes the ram is fried (I have tons of them). If the pattern doesn't
change is likely a bad 74ls157 or 8097(74ls367). the test for a bad
'157 or 8097 is to swap it with another on the board and see if the
symptom changes.

The fact that you've seen different patterns says the video rom is ok.

Try popping out and reinstalling all the socketed parts and boards. You
may have a crusty connection.

Allison