Broken TRS-80 Model 1

From: David Williams <dlw_at_neosoft.com>
Date: Thu Mar 5 08:44:13 1998

I bought what I was told was a TRS-80 Model 2 from a guy but when it
arrived it turned out to be a Model 1. CPU and monitor only. The
monitor doesn't power on at all. When I hooked up the cpu to my good
Model 1 monitor I get graphic chars in place of the normal text.
Otherwise the cpu unit seems ok. Any ideas on what may be wrong with
the cpu or the monitor? I'm not sure I'm really interested in
messing with either of these items as I have a good working Model 1.
I could keep them as parts, for those parts that may be good, or if
someone is really interested, I could possibly part with them.

Thanks.

-----
David Williams - Computer Packrat
dlw_at_neosoft.com