Calc wars, other calc stuff, my own previous post (uVAX/GPX)

From: Chris Chiesa <cchi_at_lle.rochester.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 6 08:03:49 1998

Hello all... me again.

I apologize for writing twice in one day, but I've requested "Digest mode"
and am finding several topics I can respond to. I should've waited before
sending the previous message, but will now be aware of this and will cover
ALL current topics of my interest in this ONE note, to save you all the
pain of seeing SEVERAL messages from me. (If you'd RATHER have several
separate messages, someone just say so...)

1) Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net> quotes a message quoted by someone else,
   in which the original author says that "... it's the HP25 that I still
   prefer..." Original author, whoever you are, I wanted to let you know
   that I have a set of original manuals and -- if I can still FIND it --
   the AC adapter, left over when my own HP25 was stolen from me one day
   in high school -- circa 1978... If you're interested in these items,
   e-mail me.

2) At a Hamfest last spring I acquired a TI calculator -- I forget the model
   number right off; I wasn't expecting to talk about this today, but it's
   the programmable one that reads-and-writes those magnetic cards -- along
   with programming manual(s) and the external PRINTER, not to mention a
   fistful of the magcards. The only trouble is, instructions stored in
   program memory randomly get altered, i.e. the memory is no longer reli-
   able (hmm, just like ME!). Is it "just old," and there nothing that can
   be done? Or can it be repaired? Much obliged, for any info anyone can
   provide.

3) At that same Hamfest last spring, some guy found out I was "into" calcu-
   lators, HP in particular (notwithstanding that TI-whatever I'd just bought),
   and talked my ear off about some "latest and greatest" HP calculator that
   "did it all," allowing you to mix "ordinary" calculator statements, BASIC,
   and C syntax "all on one program line," among many other things. I have
   forgotten the model number, so if anyone recognizes this description and
   can TELL me the model number, and of course where to find out more about
   the thing, I'd really appreciate it.

4) My HP-33C battery doesn't hold a charge anymore; please advise. Joe Rig-
   don...?

5) Re: that uVAX stuff I mentioned in my PREVIOUS message: I'd be MOST inter-
   ested in anyone who could trade "my" stuff in London, for "his" set of the
   "same" stuff in the US! I can provide a more detailed itemization of what
   I have.

   Chris Chiesa