Demography

From: Philip.Belben_at_powertech.co.uk <(Philip.Belben_at_powertech.co.uk)>
Date: Fri Mar 6 08:32:24 1998

Joachim Thiemann wrote:

> While we're at it (the buisness of veering grossly off-charter), who
> else here collects electronic music equipment of about the same vintage
> as the computers discussed here? I have a Korg Poly-800, Yamaha DX-7II,
> 2 FB-01's, CS-01, a Sequential SixTrack, 360 Systems MidiBass, and a
> homebrew MIDI interface to hook some of this to my Amiga. I have

Yes, but not very enthusiastically. I've never really got into
electronic music, preferring to do my composing (and most of my playing)
at the piano.

But, (getting a little closer to the topic) I do have a rather fun
device - a Bontempi organ with a number of built in rhythms implemented
in 74-series discrete gate TTL.

> BTW Any of you UK guys have collections of the old E&MM magazine? I'm
> missing 1 or 2 issues in the 84 (83?) season...

Sorry, not something I ever read.

> > photography.
> >
> > Eh, who'd have figured.. another bassoon player. Who is it? I missed
> > some
> > important attributions.

'Twas I, Philip Belben. For what it's worth. I don't think that
bassoonists are rare enough that two or three on this list is
statistically significant. Still, nice to hear from another one.

(On the other hand, there is probably a strong correlation between
bassoonists and eccentrics, and a stronger one between this list and
eccentrics.)

Philip.