Found a Apple IIGS UPgrade

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Fri Mar 6 16:15:14 1998

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, KFergason wrote:

> << I believe there was an upgrade kit that came out a short while after the
> //gs was introduced that allowed one to upgrade their //e to a //gs.
> >>

> Also, the original beta GS's were in //e cases. I've always wondered
> what happened to the 2 our company had. I don't believe Apple wanted them
> back.

I have one of the early //gs prototypes. It originally was in a //e case
but the person I got it from gave it to me in a //gs case. It still has a
bug in the sound system as it emits this constant high-pitched shrill
which is quite annoying. It's been upgraded to the 01 ROM but I got the
original ROMs with it. The original ROMs are stored on three chips
mounted on this funky L-shaped board that plugs into the ROM socket.

I paid way too much for this at $300.

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!