VSchool: (Directed at kids, but adult's welcome too!) Just an idea...

From: Hotze <photze_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: Fri Mar 6 10:25:02 1998

Hello. Several days ago, under the demography thread I briefly mentioned
the "VSchool" concept. So, for those interested, here's what I want to do.
    Background info:
The VSchool idea came from two needs: my need to create a virtual community,
and, more importantly, the need for children (ages pretty much 6th
grade-12th grade) to be able to learn at their own rate. At the subjects
that they're interested in, or feel weak in. So, I then think of a place
where all this could take place, actively, and freely. Now, Bahrain is far
to remote to even begin to demonstrate something. Also, it's got limited
resources and views. The Internet. It's used by far more than the
population of any city, and equal to that of many countries.
    How I plan to pull it off:
This is the area that I don't have to spend 50 lines telling you what CGI is
and does. So, I'll use CGI (anyone got info on this?) to put up forms, (I
can't program it... sorry...), and then we can make a chat room of some
sort, possibly a Javascript password form. (Ok, so I'll need lots of help)
So far, the best deal that I've seen in web hosting is digitalchainsaw (at
http://www.digitalchainsaw.net) Anyway, we'll have two functions: Students
will "enroll" (for free), and then they'll choose their area of expertise.
There, they will be considered a teacher. In other areas, they'll be
considered students. Teachers will work together to develop a curriculum.
Then, they'll work together to teach others.
    I want to have a copmputer history as well as a computer interest group.
I'm asking for your help. You would be considered a partner, if you wanted.
    Thanks,

Tim D. Hotze