HP Integral PC

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Sun Mar 8 23:27:05 1998

Doug,

At 01:09 AM 3/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I've had an HP IPC near the bottom of my wish list for a while, and I
>might be able to get one. The owner wasn't impressed with my first offer,
>but there may still be hope.
>
>Does anybody else have one of these?

  Yeap, I have two of them. I love them.

  Then go look at "http://www.intellistar.net/~rigdonj/hp9807.htm".

>the thought of an early portable Unix box appeals to me. I seem to
>remember they ran an early (1.0?) version of HP/UX on a 68K (?) from ROM
>(?).

   Only a ****VERY*** minimal system was run out of the built-in ROM.
Usually HP-UX was run from an external hard drive or the built-in floppy
drive. There was a plug-in ROM available that contained a complete HP-UX
system. It was called the "Software Engineering ROM". It was optional and
VERY rare. Disk based BASIC was available for the IPC and was also
available in a plug-in ROM.

>Any additional info (and offers to give me one) appreciated.

  Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! Fat chance!

   Joe