Annals of OS and network history

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Mon Mar 9 22:26:24 1998

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Allison J Parent wrote:

> yes there have been some very unusual machines like transputers,
> connection machines, vector processors, Turing machines.

Nobody has ever made a Turing machine (it's that nasty infinitely long
tape that keeps getting in the way), but that reminds me of something I've
been looking for. Didn't Danny Hillis make a computer from TinkerToys
(TM) as part of his PhD thesis or something? I've been looking for the
schematics....

-- Doug